Zirnhelt Timber Frames Ltd. (ZTF) is a general contractor for residential and commercial builds focused on sustainable building, timber frame structures and pre-fabricated wall systems. We strive to foster a unique work environment where team collaboration is strongly promoted. Our approach to environmental, social, and community-based economic sustainability reflects and supports the lifestyles and aspirations of our clients and our team members.
We are looking to hire full-time, year-round carpenters in both the Williams Lake / 150 Mile House area and the 100 Mile House area.
We have positions available that are primarily on-site as well as shop positions (in 150 Mile House) focused on pre-fabrication (or both in-shop and then on-site!).
Our team is looking for a variety of levels including Apprentice so please feel free to apply even if you don’t yet have all the experience listed in this posting. We look for those with a keenness to learn, solid work ethic, an eye for detail, and desire to sustainably build our communities.
WHAT YOU BRING
As a member of ZTF, you will work alongside professional designers and skilled craftspeople, reflecting our core values, while serving our clients.
Ideal candidates will bring:
- Minimum of 2 years of similar experience
- Working towards Red Seal Carpentry Certification, Zimmermann or related education is an asset
- Experience with prefabrication
- Experience in timber frame construction
- Experience building high performance homes start to finish
- Full skill ranges from foundations to finishing
- While carpentry is the base for all projects, having electrical, plumbing, foundation, siteworks, tiling, and other trades experience is also an asset
- Ability to follow blueprints to prepare material takeoffs and complete layouts
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Proficient in English communication
- Commitment to health and safety in the workplace
Zirnhelt Timber Frames offers our employees a competitive compensation package including benefits.
We strive to foster a unique work environment where team collaboration is strongly promoted. At Zirnhelt Timber Frames, sustainable building is considered a profession.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online via www.ztframes.com/online-application or send your cover letter and resume directly to admin (at) ztframes.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.